Here at Risby CEVC Primary School, we understand just how complicated family life can be and know that, from time to time, there may be situations where you need extra help and support. If things aren’t right at home, please come and talk to us. Your child's class teacher is always available to talk to you and Mrs Miller operates an open door policy. We are a family at Risby and families work together to support each other. Our offer of early help includes:
- Taking the time to listen to children’s concerns. Children are encouraged to talk to their class teacher or to come and see Mrs Miller whenever they feel they have a problem they would like to share. Children can also use the “Worry Box” in their classroom if they are reluctant to voice their worries out loud and, because we take the time to get to know each and every child in our care, we are also alert to any changes in a child's behaviour and will talk to them, and to you, if we have any concerns.
- Taking the time to listen to families. Sometimes, you might need to share information or have a difficult situation you need to make us aware of. We will always listen.
- We have an effective PSHE 'Ready for Life' curriculum which supports children and develops key skills: not only for school, but for life.
- We run parenting courses. These aren’t sessions to tell you how to do it, but an opportunity to share what works and sometimes what doesn’t!
- We have a school nurse linked to Risby. You can speak directly with the school nurse team or we can refer you as a school.
- There are community social workers, who we can contact to try to find the right kind of support for you.
- There are a number of support agencies out there who we can access or signpost you to if you are experiencing difficulties at home. There are also agencies which you can contact independently should you wish to do so, who might be able to help and provide the support for your family.
What advice and help is available for me in Suffolk?
The Suffolk County Council Local Offer is available to view at: