We are very fortunate to have nutritious meals prepared daily on the school premises. Our school dinners are provided by Norse Catering (https://norsecatering.co.uk) and are planned to ensure children receive all the necessary nutrition that they need as they grow and develop. Please click on the link at the top of the page to view the current menu and visit Norse Catering's website if you would like more detailed information on the nutritional and allergen aspects of our school dinners.
From September 2014 the Government’s “Universal Infant Free School Meals” policy entitles all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and 2 to be eligible for free school meals.
The current cost of a school meal for children in Years 3 to 6 is £2.30 and dinner monies must always be paid for in advance of the meal being taken.
The methods of payment that we accept for school meals are as follows:
As a school, we encourage online payments via your ParentMail account to assist with administration and to ensure you have a record/receipt of payments made. If you need help setting up a ParentMail account or understanding how to use your account to pay for school dinners, please talk to either Mrs Knight or Mrs Coffman in the school office.
By Cheque at the School Office
Cheques should be made payable to Suffolk County Council with your child's name and ‘dinner money’ written on the reverse. Cheques should be placed in an envelope clearly marked with your child’s name, class, and the dates for which the payment relates and placed in the internal post box within the school foyer. Dinner money payments by cheque should be sent into school on the Monday for the week.
Free School Meals
Your child is entitled to free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work fewer hours per week
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
To check if your child is eligible, apply online at https://www.suffolk.gov.uk/children-families-and-learning/schools/school-meals-uniforms-and-trips/apply-for-free-school-meals/ for an immediate response or call 0345 606 6067 for advice.
Healthy Packed Lunches:
If you would prefer, you can send a packed lunch into school for your child. Please make sure that your child has a lunch box marked with their name. Packed lunches are eaten alongside school meals under supervision in the school hall. We encourage healthy eating and therefore ask that you do not include chocolate bars or sweets in your child's packed lunch. Fizzy drinks are not allowed at any time.
Please provide items that your child can open independently and avoid foods that are hard to manage. It is helpful if you make a snip in the wrapper of tightly packaged items.
Drinking water and milk is provided for all children at lunchtimes .